Mission Team Fundraisers
Jane’s Pies – October 14-28
Toys for Tots collection – October 19-December 3
Rada Sales – November 4-25
OCT—Cake mixes and frostings, stuffing mixes and collecting donations for Thanksgiving turkeys
NOV—Brownie & Cookie mixes
Monetary donations may be sent to PO BOX 636, Mercer, PA
Puerto Rico mission trip information
The United Methodist Churches in Franklin District are beginning to plan for our next mission trip to assist with hurricane Maria recovery in Puerto Rico. We would like to invite you to consider becoming a part of our next team of volunteers. Here’s what we know, so far, about the next mission team:
* All participants must be age 18 or older.
* Persons with a wide range of construction-related skills are needed (from painting to pouring concrete; from debris removal and “go-fers” to skilled crafts-people like electricians and plumbers). If you have ever (successfully) fixed anything around your home, your skills can be helpful to the team.
* The biggest “job” of the team will be supporting and ministering to the survivors of the hurricane. Team members need to have a strong Christian faith, an eagerness to work with our sister church in Puerto Rico, and sensitivity to survivors who are still overwhelmed by their losses.
* Housing, meals, transportation, site supervision, building materials, and professional engineering plans are all provided by the Methodist Church of Puerto Rico – through funding supplied by the United Methodist Committee on Relief (UMCOR).
* We need a team of at least 14 persons, who are willing to commit to the trip before we know when it will occur! (Participants will complete a job skills questionnaire, which will be forwarded to the Mission Coordinator for all UMCOR projects in Puerto Rico. Once it is determined what our team can do – and how it fits into UMCOR’s work schedule on the island – our team will be assigned a time and destination for our trip.) We will know our trip’s time and destination two months before leaving, so you can make plans for time off from work, child care, etc.
* Cost of the trip is projected to be $1,500 to $1,800 per person. (There will likely be financial assistance provided to team members by local churches.)
If you feel called to participate in this important work, please contact Nelson Thayer at 724-462-4090 (voice or text) or email@example.com.