Loaves & Fishes Community Food Warehouse
Do you have the desire to serve?
Loaves and Fishes Food Pantry is in need of a volunteer using his/her truck or van to pick up food orders from the Community Food Warehouse of Mercer County. The warehouse is located at 109 S. Sharpsville Ave. in Sharon and our food pantry is located at 393 W. Cornell Rd. in Mercer. The job requires you to pick up the food order, load the boxes into your vehicle and deliver it to the pantry. The days for pick up are in the morning on the 1st Wednesday and possibly the 2nd Wednesday of every month. Please call Sandra Probst at 724-877-7742 if you are interested in helping. Thank you so much for supporting our mission!
Sincerely, Sandra Probst, Director
AUG—Boxed Mac & Cheese
SEPT—Hamburger Helper and Stuffing Mix
OCT—Cake mixes and frostings
NOV—Brownie & Cookie mixes
Puerto Rico mission trip information
The United Methodist Churches in Franklin District are beginning to plan for our next mission trip to assist with hurricane Maria recovery in Puerto Rico. We would like to invite you to consider becoming a part of our next team of volunteers. Here’s what we know, so far, about the next mission team:
* All participants must be age 18 or older.
* Persons with a wide range of construction-related skills are needed (from painting to pouring concrete; from debris removal and “go-fers” to skilled crafts-people like electricians and plumbers). If you have ever (successfully) fixed anything around your home, your skills can be helpful to the team.
* The biggest “job” of the team will be supporting and ministering to the survivors of the hurricane. Team members need to have a strong Christian faith, an eagerness to work with our sister church in Puerto Rico, and sensitivity to survivors who are still overwhelmed by their losses.
* Housing, meals, transportation, site supervision, building materials, and professional engineering plans are all provided by the Methodist Church of Puerto Rico – through funding supplied by the United Methodist Committee on Relief (UMCOR).
* We need a team of at least 14 persons, who are willing to commit to the trip before we know when it will occur! (Participants will complete a job skills questionnaire, which will be forwarded to the Mission Coordinator for all UMCOR projects in Puerto Rico. Once it is determined what our team can do – and how it fits into UMCOR’s work schedule on the island – our team will be assigned a time and destination for our trip.) We will know our trip’s time and destination two months before leaving, so you can make plans for time off from work, child care, etc.
* Cost of the trip is projected to be $1,500 to $1,800 per person. (There will likely be financial assistance provided to team members by local churches.)
If you feel called to participate in this important work, please contact Nelson Thayer at 724-462-4090 (voice or text) or email@example.com.